Do you need help with your CDR? We have decided to make available our experience in writing our own CDRs (and our friend's) to YOU.

If you are of engineering background and your skills assessment requires you to submit a competency demonstration report to Engineer's Australia, and you don't know how to start. Perhaps you have started your preparation and may need someone with an experience to review your work and give recommendations on how to further improve it, then this might just be an opportunity for you.

Please check this blog regularly for service and service fee updates.Learn more about this service.

What to expect during the IELTS speaking test

I was quite excited on my way to my speaking test as it is the last of the series.  I was scheduled to take my speaking test in Marriot Hotel beside Ayala Center Cebu.  Always confirm your speaking test schedule with your review center, just to be sure.  At the same time, if you applied by yourself, exam schedules and venues
will be provided by your local IELTS center.

So how did I went over my speaking test?  Firstly, you have to remain calm all through out.  Even on your way to the testing center, you have to compose your thoughts that you have to relaxed and always maintain the presence of mind.  Make sure you arrive 30 minutes early.  This way you can settle down and familiarize the place and sink in with the environment.  In the venue, register with an IELTS officer.  They will note that you have arrived and ready to take the test.  You are not allowed to carry anything during the test, so you can either leave unnecessary things at home or with the IELTS officer, with I did.
During my time, the environment was a little tense as there are a group of Koreans practicing their English aloud.  In a way, they rubbed off some tension on me, so I tried to be friendly and initiated a little chit chat.  As the two Korean ladies I spoke with disappeared before me into their testing room, I was left alone to myself.  I took the time to pray for peace of mind, common sense, clarity of thoughts, and an active listening capability.  My months worth of review and practice will be put into test in the next 10 minutes.  Dear God, I can't afford to fail or at least get below 7 band score.

My time came, and in I go.  Mary was my examiner, she sounds Australian to me but I could perfectly hear and understand her.  She started with her spiel and off we went to the questions.  She asked me 4-5 questions which led us to finish in 15 minutes.  All questions she asked me were from her booklet, which I had a chance to practice with a week ago.  It was a book my sister lent me when she took IELTS few months ago.

Briefly, the tip I can give you is to:
1. Listen carefully
2. Don't be afraid to let the examiner repeat the question, in any matter that is appropriate
3. If she asks you to explain, give 2 answers as a standard
4. End your answer by rephrasing her question rather than end with silence or ending with "that's it."

I can expound more, however, it'll be enough to start a separate blog.  But as always, if you are aiming for a score higher than 7 with little time to spare, consider to spend for a worthwhile review with a known IELTS review center.  I tell you, it is all worth the investment.

Your results will be due in a week's time.  Visit ielts.org website, type in your information and voila.

Have you taken the IELTS test? How much did you score?

11 comments:

  1. thanks Julia Robert and Nancy John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sir, please do expound more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice your English speaking with Top IELTS speaking topics appeared in subsequent IELTS Speaking Exams.

    Top IELTS Speaking Topics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up! IELTS is very challenging and it should not be taken for granted. It needs time as well as constant review and practice.

    esl teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Facilitating the accessibility of English knowledge to the world comes up By supporting IELTS

    IELTS Exam question Writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog thanks for sharing with us. This blog helped me a lot.IELTS Institutes in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is difficult to predict about success without knowing more about language performance in the individual sections and English level generally.

    reading knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is difficult to predict about success without knowing more about language performance in the individual sections and English level generally. A lot also depends on how much time student have to study and improve your English and which methods are using to do this.

    ielts reading tips

    ReplyDelete
  10. After attemting for my IELTS five times I had to get professional help and nothing like enrolling in Insearch I had an amazing support team that helped me clear and achieve my required target.

    english conjunction

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it..
    IELTS exam dates in faisalabad

    ReplyDelete