Do you need help with your CDR? We have decided to make available our experience in writing our own CDRs (and our friend's) to YOU.

If you are of engineering background and your skills assessment requires you to submit a competency demonstration report to Engineer's Australia, and you don't know how to start. Perhaps you have started your preparation and may need someone with an experience to review your work and give recommendations on how to further improve it, then this might just be an opportunity for you.

Please check this blog regularly for service and service fee updates.Learn more about this service.

Why I made the decision

This is the very first step in making a huge decision to stay in the Philippines or move out.  It isn't very difficult for me for too many reasons.  Number one, I am plagued every fifteen days of how much deductions the government takes from my salary, not only that, you don't know where your taxes go. 

I can't even feel nor see the slightest improvement in my community.  Second, I no longer feel any safety in my neighborhood.  Third, the local salary of a mid-level career, as an engineer for 4 years, It's not even enough to support your retired parents when they get sick.  These reasons make me depressed, but I have good reasons as well of why I choose to do this.


Moving to Australia can give you a better living environment, safe, clean, and with plenty of jobs that pay well and could afford you the luxuries you desire.  Though it still depends on the kind of job you get, but you have to be optimistic.  We Filipinos get good jobs wherever we go, we perform best with an effective system of governance.

Those are my reasons that made me decide.

What do you think can make you decide to leave our beloved Philippines and migrate to another country?

6 comments:

  1. Ye Very right. I have observed that Filipinos really perform well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippines is one of the most corrupted country in Asia.

    http://www.asianoffbeat.com/post/Asia's-10-Most-Corrupt-Countries-news-844


    http://www.thetoptens.com/corrupt-asian-countries/.

    Your blog about getting NBI clearance shown a example how an individual like you promoting and tolerating corruption from the basic level.

    Quote: http://towardsaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/how-to-get-nbi-clearance-my-recent.html#more

    "Firstly, I am annoyed by long queues. And almost everybody's rule of thumb for queuing in an NBI office or renewal branch is to be the earliest possible. Robinson's Cybergate in Cebu had an NBI renewal branch, and the never-the-early-bird that I am, I arrived half past 10am and they can only accommodate 200. A security guard, trying to be as discrete as he can, offered me to come back around 4pm when all renewals are
    completed. He said, he knows someone who can process my clearance even after office hours. He didn't mention how much. Instead of waiting for 7 hours, I went to the main office where I think I can get an "expedited processing" assistance.


    So I went, and stood outside the canteen looking for help. But nobody came to me with an offer. After 15 minutes, I thought I'd come back next time and be early. Barely 5 meters from the gate, a gentleman approached me to help. I guess he knows I gave up to wait since I brought with me no green paper. The gentleman guided me to a nearby canteen outside the NBI office, he took out an application form and to my surprise it had a priority number on it and a date. I thought, this guy must have connections inside. So I filled out the form, he took my details, and noticed he spoke on his mobile phone and passed on my information. He gave me a chair just outside the canteen to wait. 5 minutes later, he asked me to wait in a window where an applicant's biometrics are taken. Another 5 minutes later, I was called, my picture and finger prints taken, and my records had a hit. Somebody with my profile or name had a criminal record. I know it takes 2 two weeks to get a hit cleared, but I don't want to go back for it. So I tried to push the envelope a little further and offered an "expediting fee", but the gentleman inside the office insisted on two weeks."

    This attitude is example of unethical behaviour by bribing the the public service personnel (NBI) by offering "expediting fee" as you mentioned in your blog.

    So you've left your country for better opportunity in Oz.
    So, please stop this unethical and corrupted behaviour and be a good role model for others to follow.

    Again, as I said Aussies don't like tolerating corruption.

    Oi, Oi, Oi,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing to hide about the situation in the Philippines. It is wither you take it or leave it.

      Delete
  3. "the local salary of a mid-level career, as an engineer for 4 years, It's not even enough to support your retired parents when they get sick."

    that inevitable truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is also synonymous to other races coming to Oz. They came from war torn countries and Australia came to their rescue.. now they all live together in one big suburb making it a war zone... Another example are China towns in Oz, they really look like China... smelly dirty and the car park is noisy with honking cars not to mention people pushing you through the train to get in first... you can't find it in Aussy dominated suburb. At least minimal only..

    We are here for a change and maybe in search for "Utopian" life. We all have our own negative "third world" attitude. We can't blame ourselves, its survival. Now I hope we take care of our new found place. Show care and goodness... its awkward at first.. but later it becomes an attitude and would be normal to you. That's the time we can say, now I found a new home... ELSE, we may find ourselves later going back to the third world place we escaped from. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete